Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Coconut Almond Bars


Easy, quick, healthy and yummy--think "nomnomnomnom" followed by "vrrroooomm!"



I love these bars.  I mean it--I really do.  They are easy to make, good for you, and a terrific grab-and-go food or a great breakfast... or elevensies.


 I have noted the store where I buy the ingredients after each ingredient listed.  If you do not have an HEB where you live I feel sorry for you.  As my favourite Doctor is wont to say "I'm sorry.  I'm so, so sorry." (100 honor points to anyone that gets that!)  But I digress (often)...ahem...anyway, if you do not have an HEB then you can probably find these ingredients at your local grocery or health food store and failing that there is always Amazon.  (Thank goodness!)



Coconut Almond Bars
---------------------------------------
1 1/2 cups sliced almonds (Sprouts--bulk)
1 1/2 cups slivered almonds (Sprouts--bulk)
1 cup almond meal (Sprouts--bulk)
1/2 cup ground flax seed (Sprouts--bulk)
1/2 cup coconut flour (Sprouts--bulk)
2 cups (about 10 oz) shredded unsulphured coconut (I get this in bulk at HEB)
3 T cinnamon
1 cup raw honey (Sprouts)
1 cup virgin coconut oil (Tropical Traditions, HEB or Sprouts)

Combine ingredients in stationary mixer and press into a parchment lined 9 x 13 pan.  Place in fridge or freezer until firm and then cut into 18-20 bars.  Wrap individually and store in gallon size ziploc bag in fridge.  That's it.  Seriously, they really are that easy to make so no excuses.  =)

1 comment: